Friday, April 8, 2011

Baby E's Baptism

A few weeks ago, baby Evan had a very special day.  He was baptized at our church with our church congregation and numerous family and friends in attendance to welcome him into the church family.  It was such a special day and I'm so thankful to everyone that was able to be there, both with their prayers and their presence!




Evan wore a gown that has been in Adam's family for over 100 years!  His grandfather was christened in it, his mother and all of her siblings were christened in it, Adam and his brothers and all of their cousins were christened in it, and now the newest generation of little ones have all been baptized in it.  This gown has some history to it!  I love it!  However I was a bit nervous handling it...it's pretty delicate...and Evan's pretty big...I was sure an arm or a leg was going to get caught in the lace and create a disaster.  That did not happen thank goodness!  He just pooped all over it...and don't worry, it all came out =)


Evan was a star baptism-ite that day!  He slept until just about 10 minutes or so before the actual baptism and was alert and happy throughout.  We couldn't have been more proud!







We had a reception in the church parlor right after the service.  We served a light lunch and amongst some anxiety that something would spill in the newly-updated room, it was a great set-up!  We were able to move to the parlor in a leisurely manner and it fit everyone very comfortably.  We served an easy menu of chicken fingers, pasta salad, copper pennies, fruit salad, and a variety of pound cakes and brownies.  It was most successful!



It was a great day celebrating a great step in Evan's journey of Faith.  Thanks so much to all who helped out with food, pictures, etc.  We couldn't have done it without you!








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I embarass myself anytime there's a baptism. I thought once I heard that song a few times that the tears would dry up ... not happening!

I'm so glad we were there for such a special day. It was all beautiful. And Ty loved those chicken strips!