Monday, May 9, 2011

Stop! Grammy Time!

In light of the recent Mother's Day celebrations, I only found it fitting to reflect on another great "mother" in my life.

My mother-in-law, Madeleine, came into my life about nine years ago when I met Adam.  In those nine years, she has become not only a wonderful source of love and support, but she has also become a true friend.  One that I admire and respect and love to spend time with!

Not too long after Evan's surgery, Madeleine took time off of her busy schedule to come up to Shreveport and spend some time with us.  I was so touched that she would do this and come up to be another set of helping hands.  She was such a huge help!  She wiped noses, changed diapers, gave baths, diagnosed ear infections, fixed dinners, ran errands, read stories, sang songs, and played...oh how she played!  It was a great week and I'm so grateful she was there!


Thank you not only for your help that week, Grammy, but for ALL you do.  You're a blessing to our lives and we feel your support constantly!


Happy Mother's Day Grammy!  We love you!

1 comment:

Meghan said...

She is awesome!!! When I saw her a few weeks ago I grabbed her and made her look at Connor's cirumcision. She always reassures me about the little things. Our kids sure have wonderful grandparents (and an awesome Great-Grandfather too!)