Tuesday, August 2, 2011

6 Years

Adam's and my 6th anniversary was June 18.  Has it really been 6 years??

In 6 years, I still remember exactly how I felt when I woke up the morning of my wedding day.  A couple of my bridesmaids spent the night and I remember having a hard time going to sleep...probably a mixture of nerves and excitement.  I woke up with a start and immediately thought, "I'm getting married today!"  Then I felt the butterflies in my stomach...and they didn't stop for awhile...

In 6 years, I still remember how quickly the day flew by.  We went to my aunt and uncle's house for a wedding day lunch, making carefully sure that we timed it perfectly to not run into Adam, who was coming for the second leg of the luncheon.  I was a bit superstitious...

In 6 years, I still remember how each one of my bridesmaids made the day perfect for me by keeping the mood light and fun, making me laugh, making me eat, and nurturing my every need.  They were (and still are) the best!

In 6 years, I still remember realizing that the ceremony was going to start soon and feeling my stomach jump at the thought of my dream of getting married becoming a reality in just a few short minutes.

In 6 years, I still remember standing in the back of the sanctuary with my dad, both of us pretty quiet, taking in the moment.  This was really about to happen...and having my dad by my side to walk me down the aisle made the moment all the more special.

In 6 years, I still remember seeing everyone rise up as I entered the sanctuary.  I was overwhelmed with the amazing support surrounding Adam and me.  I remember seeing so many faces, each one an important part of my life. 

In 6 years, I still remember meeting my mother's eyes as I was rounding the corner to the altar.  She looked so proud and I felt so proud to be her daughter.

In 6 years, I still remember seeing Adam for the first time.  This was such an important day for us as we publicly stood with our family and friends and vowed a lifetime together before God.  It was a holy and magical moment.

In 6 years, I still remember dancing the night away.  Maybe I'm biased but it was the MOST FUN reception!  At one point, I think everyone was out on the dance floor getting their groove on...it was perfect!

In 6 years, I still remember the extreme happiness I felt the entire day.  I truly felt as if I was floating on a cloud all day long.  Every little girl dreams of their wedding day and as I look back on our day, I feel like my dreams became a reality.


Happy anniversary Adam!  Here's to the past 6 years and to the next 60!  I love you!

No comments: