Thursday, February 3, 2011

An Ode to Oil of Olay

So this is rather random but it came to me one day in the shower...

I am a fan of moisturizer. 

I should be better about using it on my face on a daily basis but I use hand and body lotion ALL THE TIME.  The world doesn't feel right without it.

My love could have evolved from my somewhat obsessive instinct to wash my hands.  Working in elementary schools and being a mother to young children have brought it to my attention how truly germy this world around us is.  (Can we say germ-a-phobe??)  Washing my hands at any given moment gives me some comfort and control of the ever-constant germs.  (I know, I need help.)

This frequent hand-washing causes my hands to become quite dry, especially during the winter season.  Adam affectionately refers to it as a "wash rash."  It's really ugly actually.  So for Christmas, I think Santa was trying to send me a very subtle message...
I also received a bottle of lotion that was the same scent as the perfume that I wear.  It came in a little gift set thingy.  I didn't have a picture of it though.

Now one might get offended by this message.  How dare you suggest that my skin is not baby soft and needs some assistance!?  Oh no, not me!  I love it all!  I was very intrigued by the "Miracle Hand Repair" cream...I wanted to see a miracle take place!  (It did help tremendously, by the way.  Who knew the power of aloe vera?)

I had never heard of this "in shower" lotion from Oil of Olay.  However, I was excited because it would give me the ability to mosturize daily while not taking any extra time because I could do it while showering in the morning.  Great concept!

Let me tell you, this stuff is awesome!  It really does moisturize your skin although it doesn't really feel like lotion when you put it on.  Plus is smells AMAZING!  Well done Santa!

So, in true Kristen-fashion, I felt as if a small poetry sample would be a great way to truly share how much this lotion means to me...my "ode" to Oil of Olay:

Oil of Olay,
I use it everyday,
And I really like the way
My skin feels like a ba-bay's.

The smell is oh, so great,
It doesn't cost more than $4.98,
It's good to use before a date,
Oil of Olay, you're my first mate!

A little much??  Maybe so...but it's good stuff.  You should try it sometime.

Happy moisturizing! =)

2 comments:

motherfuller said...

If only I'd known you weren't familiar with Oil of Olay In-Shower lotion, I could have been the one to introduce you and maybe you'd have written an ode to....GIGI!!!!! I like it, but it's so much effort to pat yourself dry, so I end up wiping most of it off. Guess I ought not to be so lazy......

Kristen said...

Oh you just wait Gigi...an "ode to Gigi" may be a-brewin'! There's just so much good material to use, it's hard to narrow it down =) Glad someone else is familiar with the goodness that is Oil of Olay!