Who is your favorite superhero?? Are you a fan of Superman, Batman, Spiderman, Wonder Woman??
Superheros are making a more prominent appearance in my household these days with my ever-curious and ever-imaginative preschooler. It's very interesting to watch his interest in them grow as well as his understanding of why they're so special to those around him.
The characteristics that interest him the most about any of these superheros are their strength, their power, their abilities to do cool things, their abilities to protect...all really good life lessons in and of themselves!
June 19 was Father's Day. Like Mother's Day, it is a great opportunity to reflect on the roles our fathers have played in our lives. And as of three years ago, it's also become a great opportunity to reflect on the role that my husband plays in our children's lives.
My dad is a GREAT dad...always supportive, always involved, always a source of wisdom and knowledge through a lot of life's issues. I feel very blessed that he has played such an active role in my life and has helped mold me into what I am today. In a lot of ways, my dad has always been like a superhero to me. He's big and strong. I still turn to him for help with many projects because he's very handy. He has always and will always continue to protect me from anything life throws at me. Words truly cannot express how grateful I am for him.
When I met Adam, I saw a lot of wonderful, fatherly qualities in him too. As I've watched him grow into his role as a father, he has exceeded any expectations I had. He, too, is a GREAT dad...so hands-on, so patient, so much fun, so supportive, so kind...I could go on and on! I can see that both of our boys look up to him so much and see him as their "superhero." It's truly an awesome thing to witness and I thank God continuously for bringing such a man into my life.
Father's Day is only one day out of the year and it is hard to adequately express the gratitude I feel for what I see from both of these men on a daily basis. But I do hope that they both know the impact they've had on my life and see that, by their examples, they are also molding, forming, and inspiring the lives of two little boys who see them as I see them...as our superheros.
Happy Father's Day Dad and Adam!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
: )
Ninja Turtles (preferrably Michaelangelo), hands down!!! Love you, Daddy!
Post a Comment