Saturday, February 19, 2011

Goodbye Old Friend

There are things in our life that just get better with age...a bottle of wine, marriage, a pair of jeans...

a cell phone...
Adam has had this trusty Samsung since 2006.  It's outlived three of my cell phones and is still going strong!  For years I've tried to entice Adam to upgrade to a more current model...and for years he's refused, saying that it still works fine.  If it ain't broke, right??

So the years have passed and Adam continues to rock the flip phone...

...until today.  Today he and his Samsung flip had to say "goodbye."  He was finally ready to upgrade to something more "of the times."  I think the tipping point was the scratch on the screen that irritated his cheek.

So, as faithful Dave Ramsey followers, we started saving for new cell phones a few months ago.  We had a "cell phone fund."   We finally reached our saving goal and eagerly planned our outing to make our purchases.  (I, too, was going to get a new phone but was much more excited about the rite of passage that Adam was about to take.)

Excitement filled the air as we entered the store, greeted by eager customer service representatives ready to make a sale.  We browsed, we hemmed, we discussed and we bought.

And now, I am pleased to announce, that Adam is the proud owner of a brand spankin' new...

...Iphone! 

He thanks you all for your love and support during this transition in his life.  He is sad to let his old friend go but is thrilled at the relationship he will form with his new one. 

Welcome to the wonderful world of wi-fi, weather updates and Words with Friends Adam!  It's app-solutely amazing! =)

6 comments:

rebekah l. louis said...

glad adam's cheeks are now safer!

Kristen said...

Thanks! We can all sleep easier now! =)

Anonymous said...

Ty is very upset that Adam no longer has a flip phone. I think Ty is the final hold out!

Kristen said...

Adam did have some regret leaving his friend in the dark...maybe Ty will come around one of these days...he did switch to boot cut jeans eventually didn't he??

Anonymous said...

With my help, we transitioned him into boot cut jeans! I was thinking about getting him an iPhone for his birthday, but I have concerns. I doubt he would make it a week before he cracked his screen. How effective are those penguin cases?

Erin said...

That was beautiful (tear)! Welcome to the club, you Iphoner's you!
And Stephanie, consider the Otter Box if you want the phone to be safe. It's $50, but well worth it!