Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Love, Love, Love!

Love...
Love...
Love...
All you need is love!...


...and some fun Valentine's treats of course!

We got the creative, economical juices a-flowin' this year for our Valentine's Day celebration.  We spelled out the letters to L.O.V.E and we each chose a letter.  Your gift or gifts needed to all start with the letter that you chose.
Adam, Thomas and Evan's finished products...
Adam picked the letter E.  His gift consisted of an ESPN magazine, a picture of Evan on an easel for his office, and some Extra sugarfree gum.
Evan "picked" the letter L.  His gift consisted of a toy lion, a light-up tiger toy and a little book.
Thomas picked the letter V.  His gift consisted of a pack of Valentine Hot Wheels vehicles, a Valentine book and Valentine candy.  Yeah, I used Valentine a lot in his gift...
He was very excited about his cars.  Wasn't too interested in the other gifts...
We had pasta for dinner in heart-shaped bowls.  My original idea was to find some heart-shaped pasta.  That wasn't successful but I did find some pasta with red noodles in it to add to the festivity.

I chose the letter O for my gifts.  I was impressed with Adam's creativity...I must be rubbing off on him!  Along with two sweet cards from him and my two little boys, I got a bag of only chocolate Hershey kisses, Oil of Olay face wash and a shower organizer.


After dinner, we went out to get some ice cream at this great place we found in Brandon.  It's called Bops and they serve frozen custard.  It was thoroughly enjoyed by all!

ice cream and wine...what more could one want??
I think out of all of us, Evan was the most excited!

It was a great day spent with the ones we love most!

XOXO, The Blanchers

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved, loved reading about The Blanchers Valentines Day. I could only hope that some of your creativity will rubb off on your mother.

Kristen said...

I only learn from the best! =) You taught me the most fundamental lesson...to make days like this special for everyone!

rebekah l. louis said...

(sweet mother/ daughter moment :) )

girl, you are great at making special days special!