Friday, January 7, 2011

2010 Recap: February 2010-Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day in 2010 was a lot of fun.  Love was definitely all around us!  I was especially in love with all of the inspiration around me.  It all began with a simple search of some creative blogs out in "blog-land" for cute treat ideas for Thomas's class.  Not only did I find cute ideas for class treats but I found cute ideas for Adam's gift and a cute t-shirt to make for Thomas.  I was oh so inspired!  I got everything that I needed and got to work.  I guess I should admit that I started these projects pretty late one evening, thinking that they wouldn't take very long...that was a misjudgement...made for quite a late night!

Here are the finished products:


class treats

Valentine's treats for T's other buddies

card says "loads of love!"

homemade Valentine's t-shirt...I think I have a lot to learn in this department!

gift for my and Adam's parents that Thomas helped make

Adam's gifts
(each bag had a present that started with the letter on the bag...like the "v" bag had a "very good movie" in it)

Thomas's gift
I was able to sneak away from work the day of Thomas's class party.  They all seemed to have a grand time eating all of the snacks that the parents brought.  Thomas also brought roses for his teachers, the center director, and the cook.  Ms. T, the cook, is Thomas's special friend.  She fixes him a "special" (aka huge) plate of food everyday and he eats every bit of it!

happy that Mom was there

taking one last swig of juice

with Thomas's teachers

Valentines Day actually fell on a Sunday last year.  So we forfeited the smocked outfit and proudly wore the homemade shirt again for church.  The day was low-key and was spent with family complete with a homemade heart-shaped pizza to end the day...it was all we needed.  I guess the Beatles knew what they were talking about when they said "Love is all you need!"


LOVING some black beans

showing off his shirt


LOVING on his new teddy bear

my two LOVES

opening his present

LOVING his new singing card

LOVING his new spatulas

LOVING the mess he's making


LOVING to help Daddy

LOVES his dad

LOVES his mom

heart-shaped pizza made with LOVE

2 comments:

rebekah l. louis said...

really? out of control cute.

Kristen said...

It was a bit out of control...I was really tired after it was all said and done...might try to scale back this year!