Monday, January 17, 2011

The Blanchers are Jackson Bound...for real this time!

Yesterday, Adam, the boys and I packed up our belongings that were in Shreveport and headed over to Jackson.  We (the boys and I) are going to be staying in Jackson during the weeks while I'm on maternity leave.  We'll be heading back to Shreveport in mid-March when I'll be returning to work for the remainder of the school year.  Our plan is to then head BACK over to Jackson to spend the summer with Adam.  I know, it's hard to keep up with our crazy schedule!

Our "moving day" provided us with the most beautiful weather...cold with 100% chance of rain.  Ideal weather for loading and unloading cars!  We completed the tasks successfully though, with the helping hands of my dad on the front end and with only a few items ending up in puddles.  We pulled out of Shreveport at 5:20 PM and pulled into Jackson at 9:45 PM.  We made one stop to eat dinner and feed Evan. 

All in all, it was a successful and uneventful trip.  Thank goodness for car DVD players!  Makes the trip so much more enjoyable for all involved!  And we're so looking forward to the next few months and spending more time together as a family.  I'm also looking forward to exploring Jackson and experiencing all that it has to offer!

But first, I must make some sense out of this chaos...



Note baby Evan...this is the look of pure excitement!
Hello Jackson!  The Blanchers are here! (for a little while at least)

1 comment:

Casey B said...

Enjoy your time in Jackson! :)