Sunday, January 2, 2011

2010 Recap: January 2010-Ski Trip to Colorado

The year 2010 (well it was actually a few days before the new year) began with a fun family adventure...a trip up to Breckenridge, Colorado to go snow skiing!  It was our Christmas gift from my parents and we were pumped!  For those of you who know me, athletics are not my strong-suit...don't ever ask me to jump...but I can ski!  Adam and I acutally got to know one another on a ski trip in college and he remembers being impressed with my skiing abilities and how I fell a lot less than he did.  Yes, he was snowbording instead of skiing but that doesn't matter.  Anyways, we left a few days after Christmas for the slopes.  We drove to Dallas and flew from Dallas to Denver where we rented cars and headed up to Breckenridge.  We also had the ultimate privilege of traveling up to Colorado with my uncle Robert and cousins Miriam, Miles and Nell.  I must admit I was a smidge nervous about flying with Thomas.  Heck, I'm more than a smidge nervous about flying in general (yes, I'm a twit!) and add a curious toddler to that and you've got one high-strung momma!  But we got there all in one piece and were very excited and ready to hit the slopes!  With the exception of a couple of cases of altitude sickness, the trip was fantastically fun and some wonderful memories were made by all!  Here are a few (ok, not just a few) pictures from the trip.  Can't wait to take the boys back when they're older and they can ski too...so much fun!

Thomas hanging with Uncle Brian (Bri-ne) and Aunt Jenna (Jen-Jen)

Scoping out the slopes

Sister pic

the hubs helping the bus driver navigate


Thomas and his "happy not to be flying anymore" momma

Day one: the girls pre-skied...fresh and not sore!

Where are the skis in my size?

Thomas and Mamou

Family pic in the snow


Playing in the snow

Finished with the snow...preferred to stay inside where it was warm!

Found a toy in the condo...a rocking cow!

Mamou with our pops

with my dad


it was cold up there!

cousins

Erin's frozen face

attempt number two...face still frozen

heading out on the town for New Years

Parent's Night Out!



No comments: