**FYI, this is a lengthy post**
Christmas CAME to our house this year! It came in many forms. It came while spending great time with family and friends. It came while experiening the pure joy of a two-year-old seeing his beloved choo choo train that Santa brought him. It came in the quite candlelight at our Christmas Eve church service with hundreds of voices singing Silent Night. I LOVE Christmas!
Our Christmas celebration usually stretches out over several days. This year, it began a few weekends before Christmas with Adam's family. Grammy, PapaRazzi and Uncle Justin had come in town to spend some quality time with baby Evan so we were able to open some of their gifts with them.
| Thomas loved his new toolbox from Aunt Brenda! |
Our next family gathering was on Christmas Eve. It's a Middleton-family tradition to all gather together on Christmas Eve night and attend our Christmas Eve Candlelight Service at Noel. We take up two rows in the sanctuary and enjoy the beautiful service together as a family. Then in years past, we would all gather at my grandparent's house for presents, yummy eats, plenty of wine, and lots of loud laughter! Now we are continuing that tradition either at my aunt's house or over at my mom and dad's. It's always a lot of fun. It was always something that I looked forward to as a child and even now as an adult, it's so fun to spend time with my cousins, most of who live out-of-town and get to catch up with what's going on in their lives. We've grown in number over the years, with spouses and children of our own; and every year, those that are there take an annual "cousins" picture. This year, even those who weren't able to make it were there in spirit...and on paper! My aunt's creative juices were a-flowing and she created paper plate versions of those in absence.
It's also tradition for the grown-ups to take an annual picture. This includes my dad and my two aunts with their spouses.
![]() |
| I didn't have any pictures of the evening so I stole these from my aunt...thanks Gigi! |
We had a wonderful morning with our family! I don't care how old you are, Christmas morning is a magical time that I giddily look forward to every year. And it gets better with kids! This year, we prepared for Santa Claus's arrival. We made cookies; left them out with a glass of milk and a note; and was excited to see that Santa enjoyed them while he visited our house and left a note for us!
| helping Daddy make cookies |
| Rocking the shirt/diaper look |
| watching the cookies bake in the oven |
Some Christmas morning memories:
| this outfit was also worn by Uncle Brian on his first Chrismas |
| The train table not only captured the attention of Thomas, but of most of the males present at our house that day! |
| Meet "Shing Shing," the yearly re-gift...cousin Miriam was her lucky recipient this year! |


3 comments:
Thanks for posting these wonderful memories. When I recall these wonderful occasions, I am reminded of how my many blessings. Love to you all!
1. GREAT pic of your family of 4 on Christmas morning.
2. Love the paper cousins, Thomas sitting on the train table, Evan's jammies, and Shing Shing.
3. Did I tell you I thought my grandfather was getting Henry cowboy boots too? Well, they ended up being fake Uggs that we gave to a girl in our Sunday School class. Henry would be jealous of Thomas' cowboy footwear.
You're welcome Mom! We do have some good times don't we?
And thanks Rebekah! Gotta love the "fresh-out-of-bed-in-the-morning" look! The paper cousins were fab...the attention to detail was awesome! Russell had a surgery mask on! And doesn't Shing Shing stare you right in the face? Creepy! No, I hadn't heard about Henry's "boots"...too funny! I'm sure T would love to share with his favorite pen pal =)
Post a Comment