I love bath time with my babies! We start the habit early on of a bath everyday...I may have a house full of boys but by golly they won't be stinky if I have anything to do with it!
(I know, I know...they will be stinky...a girl's gotta dream though right?)
Last night, I was giving Evan a bath before putting him to bed. He's growing much more tolerant of his baths and seems to actually enjoy them these days. I'll put him in the bathtub and he seems to sink into the warm water and even give a little sigh of comfort. It's such a peaceful little reaction.
He likes to hold onto my finger when I'm bathing him. I love the security that this little act seems to bring him.
Children come into this world with an innocence and an innate ability to fully trust. They are completely dependant on us, as their parents, and trust everything that we do for them. It's an awesome and sometimes overwhelming responsibility. It's the type of relationship that I know we are meant to have with God...one that is filled with a child-like faith and constant trust. Yet, I often struggle with my side of that relationship due to my "having to be in control at all times" issues. It is so comforting to know, though, that no matter what, Christ is ready and willing to reach down and let us grip his finger of guidance.
Deep thoughts for today huh? Ok, enough philosophical musings for now. I leave you with some cute pics of my "bathing baby."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh! How I love your blog! And you brought tears to my eyes. I needed to hear the "kristen lesson" today. : )
p.s. Evan is crazy ADORABLE!
Thanks friend! I'm only making up for the endless amounts of inspiration that I've gained from your blog! Hope y'all had a great weekend!
Oh my gosh he is SO cute!!!! Love his little tummy!
Thanks Meghan! He's definitely rocking the "Buddah belly"!
Post a Comment