We had a casualty at our home last night...
We lost our beloved coffee pot carafe. It was the coffee pot carafe vs the floor. The floor won.
This incident was instigated by our precious, all-too-curious two-year-old. He reached for it up on the counter while Adam was cooking dinner. Adam pushed it out of his way while stating, "Please don't play with that Thomas...Mommy will be really mad if that breaks." To which I replied, "If that breaks, Daddy will be finding Mommy a Starbucks tomorrow morning!" We spoke too soon.
Seconds later, I heard a crash and a shatter...sigh.
So, this morning, the boys and I packed up in the car to search for a Starbucks so that Mommy could get her caffeine fix. (Yes, the need for caffeine has magically increased since Evan's been born!) I thought, surely, there would be one nearby. There's practically a Starbucks on every corner in every city in the world right? Wrong! After driving around for nearly an hour, we came up empty-handed! The only Starbucks we came across was one in a Target in the next town, which I opted out of because we would have had to all unload out of the car. Disappointed and still un-caffeinated (is that a word?), we headed back home. I did settle on a mocha from McDonalds...it wasn't Starbucks but it made do...
I may need to write in a formal request for a Starbucks to the Brandon city council. This city needs to experience the wonder that is Starbucks! Plus, I can keep the business booming until we buy a new coffee maker!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Kristen, there is a "Cups" just down the street from you on 80, make a right out of the complex, it is on the right, look for the red coffee cup- it is mine and Cathy's Starbucks alternative. And Walmart sells replacement carafes for some models:) -Christina
Thanks Christina! I'll have to try it out...sounds great!
Those dang carafes are so FRA-GEE-LEE!!! I know Kitchen Works carries some lovely ones ;).
Thanks Mamou! So glad to know that I have a such a kitchen guru always looking out for me ;)
Post a Comment