Friday, January 21, 2011

Outing Attempt #1

As I've approached motherhood with two, there have been a few things that I knew I would have to accomplish but have had some anxiety about them.  One was spending all day alone with both boys.  Before coming to Jackson, I had luxuries like being able to send Thomas to school during the day or having my mom around to help out.  Here in Jackson, while Adam's at work, it's just moi!  But we've finished our first week here and I'm proud to say that I did it...and you know, it wasn't so bad...whoo hoo!

Another milestone I knew we would need to accomplish is getting out of the house successfully to go somewhere.  I've been putting this off as well but when the opportunity came about for us to go eat lunch with Adam at work, I knew I needed to tackle this hurdle head on!  And that's just what I did!

The preparation for our outing was completed in several steps.  Now the Blanchers are large fans of The Disney Channel and we are also fans of "Special Agent Oso."  So as I'm writing this the "three special steps" song is going through my head...oh the joys of young children!  So...

Step one:  Prepare and pack lunch



Step Two:  Make Sure Mom is Ready


Step Three:  Dress the Dudes


Step Four:  Diaper Bag Organization


Step Five:  Warm Winter Apparel on Everyone


Step Six:  Locked, Loaded and Ready to Go!


We did it!  Sure, it took all morning to prepare and execute but who cares?  Now to perfect the process and shoot for a more early morning departure (aka, getting ready for school/work...yikes!).  That will be for another day!

We had a wonderful time up at "daddy's work."  We got to eat lunch with the other interns there and got to meet some of the people that Adam works with.  Everyone is so nice there!  Plus, we got to see his office.  Thomas quickly felt very at home there...he informed us that he needed to "sit at his 'puter and do his work."  Ah, a little workaholic in the making!

It was a great first outing and gave me great confidence that maybe I can handle this whole two-kid-mom thing! 

Evan also had a ball, by the way.  All that socializing plum wore him out!

3 comments:

Elizabeth Delaney said...

You go girl! So exciting. I remember the first day I did that with Cooper and Jackson. I was so nervous, and it took all day to pack, but it was so worth it! IT will only get easier! : ) Love the last picture of Evan, can't wait to meet him.

rebekah l. louis said...

3 special steps... ugh- now i've got it stuck in my head. what's up with palm pilot? is that really her name?
great job on the outing and i love your documentation of it all!

Kristen said...

Thanks girls! It was a great accomplishment...now on to bigger and better things!

Sorry I got that song in your head Rebekah...it was in my head for like two days! Catchy little tune =) And I haven't quite figured out Miss Palm Pilot...interesting character...