My family has had some really good times. We laugh A LOT! We're loud...all of us...from all sides! We've been very, very blessed beyond words sometimes. My life has been full of these wonderful blessings and memories.
We've had some hard times too. There have been times of disagreement, times of sadness, times of illness. We've been angry together; we've been scared together; and we've been sad together. But through it all, the consistent factor has been that we've been TOGETHER.
When I think of the word "together," my mind immediately pictures the McGowens.
1. God-pray daily and go to mass
2. Family-support each other
3. Work-school or job
4. Community Service-helping others
5. Play-responsibly
While these rules are so simple, they are so profound and I think we all would be better off if we prioritized our lives in this order.
My uncle and cousins do, in fact, continue to live under these guidelines on a daily basis. It's evident every time I see them and it's very inspiring to watch.
When Nell sent me her pictures from our Christmas gathering, she also included some pictures from their Christmas morning for my enjoyment and entertainment. She, jokingly, said that if these pictures were included in my Christmas post, it would be sure to get a lot of hits!
Well Nell, I thought they were so great that they got a post all on their own!
Once again, I was so inspired at the overwhelming sense of "family" and "togetherness" while looking at these pictures. I see people who have taken a difficult situation and have moved forward with smiles, laughter, optimism and faith...and through it all, they support each other. I know Lenore is smiling and laughing along with them daily!
So here are a few of their Christmas morning pictures...I hope you enjoy them as much as I have!
| the continuing family feud...Team Saints or Team Cowboys?? (Miriam-Team Saints, Nell-Team Cowboys) **note the thumbs down in the corner in response to the gift** |
| this is the face of surprise! |
| I think he likes his gift! |
1 comment:
girl, you aren't messing around with this blogging business- sweet, sweet post.
Post a Comment